THE CALCUTTA JOURNAL OF GLOBAL AFFAIRS
The Calcutta Journal of Global Affairs invites writers to submit articles of the following three types:
- Research Articles of between 5,000 and 10,000 words, exclusive of footnotes. The footnotes should conform to The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition.
- Comment & Analysis articles of 1,500 to 2,000 words. Footnotes are not essential.
- Book Reviews of 1,000 to 2,000 words. Footnotes are not essential.
The Research Articles, Comment & Analysis essays, and Book Reviews should focus on the following geographical areas, themes and topics, and should be of interest to a wide readership:
- India’s Northeast, and India’s role in world affairs, Southeast Asia, East Asia (Japan, the Koreas and Taiwan), China, the Indo-Pacific region, and American (and other countries’) foreign policies towards the above named countries and regions.
- Diplomacy, conduct of foreign policy, international relations, soft power (use of film and the arts as tools of diplomacy), diplomatic history, war and peace, defense issues, geo-strategy, peace studies, informal diplomacy and Track 2 diplomacy; revolution and counterrevolution; terrorism and counterterrorism; colonialism and decolonisation; hegemony and resistance; and issues of Identity and Belonging faced by the diasporic communities. Authors may use theories of history, international relations, postcolonialism, gender, and other theoretical approaches.
- Contemporary world affairs, and major events and policies of the 20th Century that are still shaping the world today and are being revisited in light of new historical material that is declassified and becomes available from time to time.
Articles should have an original point, and should offer new evidence, or a new interpretation. They should be written in excellent English, and backed by relevant footnotes. Articles are reviewed by our Editor and the Editorial Board, as well as by external reviewers. Please consult our Guidelines for Authors for details on our house style for grammar and citations.
Please send a copy of the article in MS Word as e-mail attachment to Dr. Harish C. Mehta, Editor, The Calcutta Journal of Global Affairs at email@example.com
Along with your article, please submit photographs and other visual material, along with permission from copyright holders to enable the journal to use them.